Monday, November 11, 2024
LEADING WITH
The authors of At Our Best explore the idea that youth and adults should work together as partners in out-of-school programs, like after-school or community-based activities. They argue that these partnerships are more effective when both sides share power and collaborate, rather than following the traditional dynamic where adults simply teach and guide youth. The chapter emphasizes the importance of mutual respect and trust—adults need to listen to and value the perspectives of young people, while youth should feel that adults genuinely care about their ideas and input. This shift encourages young people to become active participants in their own learning and decision-making, rather than just following directions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
TOWARDS LIBERATION!
Shalaby talks about the power of teaching with love and care, saying that when teachers show empathy, students feel safe and valued. Youth w...
-
A time I needed care was when I was in high school and the man who raised me was sent to prison. This was an extremely challenging and traum...
-
Shalaby talks about the power of teaching with love and care, saying that when teachers show empathy, students feel safe and valued. Youth w...
-
I’ve identified six key moments that shaped who I am today, starting with high school, where I faced my biggest challenges. The man who rais...



No comments:
Post a Comment